We are so excited you asked! There are lots of ways to reduce your carbon footprint, but here are a few important changes you can make:
- drive less. Try public transit or other modes of alternative transportation, like biking or walking!
- eat local. Support local farmers and buy groceries at the farmers markets or sign up for a CSA!
- adopt renewable energy. Get solar and back it up with battery storage.
- improve your home’s energy efficiency. Weatherize your home by replacing windows and doors, and adding insulation. Replace your old appliances with Energy Star ones and invest in a solar heat pump!
- reduce your waste. Consuming (purchasing) less to begin with is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. Also, divert food scraps to compost and recycle when you can!
To measure your carbon footprint and find more ways to reduce your impact check out Cool California!